Most of us probably use sea salt only for seasoning. But it has a lot more uses that we probably know so little about.
Sea salt contains sodium chloride and along with it 80 different elements such as potassium, magnesium and manganese. That is the main reason it is beneficial for our health.
- Sea salt has an alkalizing effect on the body and helps in balancing the level of acidity. That way it eliminates potential risks of diseases.
- It strengthens the immune system, and then the body becomes resistant to a variety of autoimmune diseases such as influenza, allergies and similar.
- Sea salt has positive effect on the cardiovascular system. Regular use of sea salt dissolved with water can reduce bad cholesterol level in the blood. It is also able to regulate blood pressure and control heartbeat.
- Sea salt can reduce blood sugar levels and it is good for treating diabetes.Regular use of sea salt can prevent osteoporosis and damaging the bones.
- Sea salt is good for the respiratory system and can help recovery of mucosa. It is known that sea water has a mild antiseptic and antibacterial effect on the respiratory system, mainly because of the ions of calcium and magnesium.
- Sea salt is a good source of potassium that is beneficial for proper functioning of muscles in the body.
- Sea salt is considered as a natural blood cleaner. It contains a large amount of vitamin C, that acts as an antioxidant and destroys free radicals as well as magnesium that enables the antioxidants to function properly.
- Sea salt has ability to draw out toxins from the body and makes the skin soft and healthy. Baths with sea salt are good for toning the skin. Sea salt also can drain the excess water from the skin tissue and make the skin firm smooth and healthy.
- Vitamins and minerals from the sea salt are vital for proper nutrition of the cells. They improve cell metabolism, maintains the tissues hydrated, stimulate circulation of the skin surface, increase the strength of the cell membrane.
- Calcium from sea salt helps clearing the pores of the skin.
- Sea salt is perfect natural exfoliate for the skin, because the texture helps in removing the layer of dead skin cells.
- Sea salt is natural cure for people with oily hair. It absorbs excess oil from the hair, making it smooth and beautiful.
- Minerals from sea salt are also good for weak hair, making it fuller and with volume. The minerals also provide all needed nutrients to the follicle of the hair and make it softer.
Sea salt is also excellent in against dandruff. It works directly on the skin and prevents its dryness.