Did you know that the air in the places that we live is few times more polluted than outside?
All the home appliances plastic joinery, plywood furniture, linoleum, wallpapers, all type of detergents-all those things fill the air in the offices, apartments and houses with toxic compounds like benzene, toluene, phenol, formaldehyde and other harmful substances.
As a result to that is a higher level of dust and microbes that harm your health and cause allergies and respiratory problems. If you place some useful plants in the rooms where you live, they will work as some sort of biological filter collecting the dust on their leaves, absorbing the microbes and releasing oxygen. NASA recommends these plants for clearing the air in space stations and they are excellent for clearing the air in the living areas.
The most useful seven room plants
- Shefflera is perfect for smoking rooms. It absorbs and neutralizes nicotine and tar from cigarette smoke. It is very easy to grow plant if you place it on the light spot and water it a little from time to time.
- Epipremnum aureum or devils ivy clears the air from benzene. Large leaves can absorb large amount of this substance. This plant is very popular because it does not need special conditions to grow. This simple vine also absorbs other harmful chemicals from your living area.
- Dracaena neutralizes formaldehyde. This tropical plant filtrates a lot of toxic substances including formaldehyde-a gas used in plastic mass production and disinfectants. The plant wants light but do not expose it on a direct sun. Don’t keep it on draft because it will lose most of its leaves very fast.
- Chlorophytum is a very common decor on the windows. It absorbs the gasses from the traffic and it is necessary to people that leave on the first and second floors in the buildings.
- Chamaedorea elegans is one of the healthiest plants that cleans the air your living space. It moisturizes the air and neutralizes harmful substances that are radiated by plastic.
- Hedera helix or common ivy is a vine that has natural ability to filtrate the polluters from the air.
- Ficus benjamina or also known as the weeping fig is a leader in clearing the air in a living space. It can filtrate benzene, formaldehyde, xylene and toluene.
Therefore choose one or more of these plants and find it a place in your home or office. It will make your living or working place healthier and cleaner.