Ice cubes. They are the perfect addition to a refreshing summer drink. We all reach for them but we are completely unaware that there are so much harmful stuff that are all over the ice and can harm our health.
It is believed that people with good immune system are immune to this type of bacteria; there is a warning that long term use of ice can have unwanted consequences for your health.
ICE MAKERS ARE STUCK WITH BACTERIA
Ice makers are so full of bacteria. They contaminate the water in the process of frost formation and freezing. Ice makers are not treated like other kitchen appliance because of the prejudice that it is clean. Ice makers also need regular cleaning because they are not as clean as they seem to be. Always wash your hands before you take out the ice from the icemakers. That way you won’t infect it with the bacteria you have on the hands.
It is also common danger that can come from the ice. Although cold temperatures are not a surrounding that can encourage the formation of mold, the problem happens when if the ice maker often shuts down. Then the ice melts and the high concentration of moisture leads to creating the mold. Always clean the ice maker properly before you use it, especially if it was out of use for longer period.
It is a perfect transmitter of bacteria. If a waiter takes the ice shovel with unwashed hands, and then puts it back in the ice, all the bacteria from his hands goes directly into the ice. This is the same in home conditions. When you take out the ice from the container wash your hands.
Be careful! Experts in microbiology say that ice can become a very serious source of infection and it is necessary to treat it with caution.